Asphalt and Concrete Paving for Retail Stores and Outlets
Retail stores of all kinds, whether located in an outlet mall, a strip mall, a traditional mall or as a stand-alone business building, always need to think about curb appeal, safety and accessibility for their customers. This is why we recommend that business owners not forget to stay on a regular schedule for asphalt and concrete paving for retail stores and outlets. Espina Paving understands that parking lots are of major importance for these businesses and that it is critical to keep you open for business with minimal downtime while providing a smooth, safe surface at all times for your customers and employees.
Espina Paving provides the following services for asphalt maintenance for retail stores and outlets:
- New Asphalt Construction—If you are just starting up a new retail business, you may need to have a completely new parking lot constructed.
- Asphalt Overlays—If you are improving an existing retail parking lot property, it may be wise to lay down a new layer of asphalt over an older one. We can do this if the existing asphalt has a strong foundation with flaws. We thoroughly patch any flaws before applying the overlay.
- Asphalt Overly with Fabric—To significantly extend the life of your retail parking lot, Espina Paving can include a layer of paving fabric between the milled, patched, cleaned older layer and the new layer. This fabric layer prevents deformities from making their way to the surface and is a very popular aspect of our asphalt maintenance for retail stores and outlets.
- Sealcoating—Heavy traffic, oil and other automotive fluid leaks, rain, snow, ice, snow-removal crews, debris, etc. all take a toll on retail parking lots over time. Regularly sealcoating your asphalt pavement every 2-3 years can drastically reduce asphalt repair costs and keep your storefront looking great.
- Asphalt patching and repairs to full replacements—It is important for you to regularly survey the condition of your parking lot to proactively and quickly catch any cracks, intrusion of tree roots or weeds, potholes, ponding and drainage problems, etc. These not only detract from the overall appearance of your storefront, but they can even cause safety issues and lead to more expensive problems later on. If you notice any of these problems in your asphalt paved areas, call Espina Paving for an evaluation and estimate. The faster damage can be addressed, the less expensive and time consuming it will be to fix, which means less downtime for you, your employees and your customers.
"The parking lot looks fabulous. Espina Paving did a great job”
Paving Services for Big Box Retailers: 5 Best Practices
Northern Virginia has a convenient abundance of excellent big box retailers that help our communities get what they need, when they need it, every day of the week. They’re a major part of the economy and a major part of day-to-day life. Because customers have so many choices when it comes to shopping here in Northern Virginia, it’s important for big box retailers and property managers to make sure their customers have the best experience possible on every visit, from the moment they drive onto the property. And driving onto the property means having excellent, smooth, well-marked, well-maintained parking lots and roadways that ensure safe, clear passage to and from the shops customers want to visit.
And that’s not all: concrete sidewalks, wheelchair ramps, planter features, storm drains and every aspect of paving matters for your customers’ experience at your stores. To keep your customers happy and safe, from the parking lot, to the store, and back, make sure to follow these 5 best practices for big box retailer parking lots, and contact Espina Paving at (703) 491-9100 anytime you have concerns like these:
1. Make Small Repairs Immediately
It’s very important to make regular parking lot inspection a priority in your schedule, at least quarterly. The busier your parking lots are, the more chances there are of damage, spills and cracks developing. It’s important to take note of any warped or frequently-puddled areas too, as these can turn into drainage, pothole and safety hazards later. Watch for debris, cracks, spills, scrapes from snow-removal teams and any other damage. The sooner you contact Espina Paving for small, proactive repairs, the less expensive those repairs will be.
2. Don’t Forget Your Regular Pavement Maintenance Schedule
Typically, big box retail parking lots need a sealcoating application every 2 to 3 years. If your business receives particularly high traffic or has endured a lot of hard weathering in those 2 years, it may be better to schedule it sooner rather than later in order to prevent small cracks from becoming big pot hole headaches for you and your customers. If you’re not sure, just contact us for a parking lot survey and we can determine the amount of wear and tear your parking lots are under, and when the best schedule would be. The main thing to remember is that quickly making small repairs and sticking to your regular parking lot maintenance schedule turns out to be far less expensive than having to do major crack and pothole repairs if maintenance schedule wasn’t followed properly. By saving money on these critical property management maintenance details, you can pass those savings on to your customers—and they will love you for it!
Shopping Center Concrete Paving Work Sample
Concrete paving work at Nieman Marcus at Tyson's II Shopping Center
3. Schedule Repairs and Maintenance Overnight or During Off Hours
We understand how busy big box retailers can be, day and night. Any interruption of traffic flow is undesirable, so when can you get these important pavement maintenance and repair jobs done, and who will do it at these odd hours? Espina Paving understands what it means for businesses, so we are happy to help you schedule parking lot maintenance and repairs in phases, during off-hours and even overnight. We will work within your schedule to create as little interruption for you, your customers and your deliveries as possible!
4. Smart Parking Space and Directional Stripes Improve Safety and Efficiency
Keeping traffic flow safe and efficient is another must for big box retail property managers. With customers going in and out, dodging traffic and carrying bags and boxes, it’s critical to make sure everything is clearly marked and safe for both pedestrians carrying bags of wares and shoppers looking for a parking space. A great time to re-think and improve parking stripes, crosswalks, and traffic markings is right after a regular sealcoating application when things must be repainted anyway. So, talk with us about any improvements you want to make, and we can make suggestions that will improve the safety and efficiency of your parking lots.
5. Don’t Forget ADA Compliance
Making your big box retail parking lot a safe and navigable place for everyone is so important, and it’s also a legal requirement to comply with ADA accessibility standards. Make sure your wheelchair ramps and handicapped parking spaces are ample, convenient, safe and in good repair at all times so that all of your customers and their family and friends can enjoy their time shopping without hindrance.
Espina Paving uses the latest in paving technology and green paving techniques to help businesses with their asphalt maintenance for retail stores and outlets needs. We are committed to helping you keep all of your asphalt paved areas in great shape. This will help your business save money in repair costs, insurance and legal costs, and we can even help your parking areas go easier on the environment. Contact Espina Paving today at (703) 491-9100 to ask about our services and ask about any asphalt paving questions you have.
Commercial and Municipal Paving Contractor Serving VA, MD, DC Since 1976