Parking Lot Paving Contractor
Parking Lot Paving Contractor in Northern Virginia
Espina Paving, Inc. has served businesses, municipalities, industries, and institutions with top-notch parking lot paving services across Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. for more than four decades. Over that time, our clients have prized our commitment to customer service, tireless dedication to high-quality, year-round parking lot paving and maintenance. Whether your company needs a new parking lot for a new property, or needs a refresh or repair of an older parking lot, Espina Paving, Inc. has all of the equipment and materials necessary for the job right now.
More than 40 years ago, we dove into the decision to focus on becoming the area’s most reliable commercial parking lot paving service. We invested everything we could into advanced parking lot paving equipment, including a plant where we can mix our own asphalt! This makes us more flexible to handle tough and unique paving projects. We’ve selected the most detail-oriented, experienced paving crews, and we have project managers ready to help each client get the smoothest, toughest, best-looking parking lot. Over those four incredible decades, our clients have relied on us for:
Espina Paving, Inc. professionals are ready to assist you with any parking lot paving project, regardless of how big or challenging. Our parking lot construction projects are built to last and to keep your employees, patrons, residents or customers safe for years. Our project managers are onsite to communicate with you and guide you through the process, ensuring that we meet or exceed all of your expectations.
Parking Lot Striping Near Me: Our Service Area
Regardless of the size or scope of your parking lot striping, paving, repair or maintenance project, we cover a broad swath of Northern Virginia, all of Washington D.C. and much of Maryland. Espina Paving, Inc. is the parking lot paving contractor businesses and institutions rely on for quality, expertise, customer service and reliability. Contact us today if you need parking lot paving services in this area.
Commercial Parking Lot Paving and Striping
Espina Paving, Inc. serves a wide range of businesses, organizations and institutions across Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland. Here are just a few of the examples of parking lot paving and striping projects we have spearheaded through the years:
- Office building parking lots
- Industrial sites
- Apartment complexes
- Homeowners associations
- Shopping centers
- Grocery stores
- Places of worship (churches, synagogues, mosques, temples, etc.)
- Hospitals and doctors’ offices
- Government offices
- Movie theaters
- And many others
If you need to have a new parking lot installed for any commercial property management project, contact Espina Paving, Inc. Our parking lot paving experts stand ready to answer your questions, schedule initial planning meetings and get to work on your unique parking lot project.
Parking Lot Paving Case Study
Parking Lot Paving Project in Ft. Belvoir, VA
Project Name: DLA Headquarters
Location: 5601 Pole Road, Ft. Belvoir, VA.
The Challenge: Espina Paving Inc. was hired to mill and overlay the entire parking lot. There were areas that were tight on drainage, this project had to be paved by an experienced field crew, in order for the parking lot to have positive drainage.
The Solution: Espina Paving Inc. was able to successfully repave the parking lot and to create positive drainage.
Parking Lot Maintenance and Repair Considerations: 3 Reasons to Rely on Espina Paving, Inc.
As a property manager, you have a lot to consider when choosing a parking lot paving contractor for installation, striping, maintenance or repair work. You likely came across a long list of different parking lot paving services if you ran a search for “parking lot striping near me”. Making the right choice from that list will mean the difference between enjoying years with a durable, smooth, trouble-free parking lot that works so well you hardly ever think about it, or a parking lot with constant cracks, puddles and potholes to worry about and pay for. Choosing the right parking lot paving contractor really boils down to making sure they check the following four boxes:
1. Are They Reliable?
The best way to find out if your parking lot paving contractor is reliable is to ask for references. The website may say one thing, but their customers might say something else. If the parking lot repair company dithers on this point, cross them off the list. Also look at how long they’ve been in business. Many years of service equate to years of satisfied customers. Espina Paving, Inc. has four decades of experience and is happy to provide references who can describe our work ethic to you.
2. Are They Licensed, Bonded and Insured?
Ask for this information right up front. Checking these details and licenses helps you ensure that your parking lot repair and maintenance company will adhere to all local, state and national regulations regarding parking lot paving.
3. How Organized Are They?
From your first request for a quote, you will be able to tell how organized your parking lot maintenance company is. Do they have a project manager assigned to each client who personally oversees the communications, specifications, and documentation? Their attention to detail will also manifest in the quote they provide you. How detailed is it? Does it outline the entire scope of work and give you a clear schedule and pricing details? Espina Paving, Inc.’s customers are always impressed by how much detail and how few surprises they get when working with us.
4. Do They Understand Your Needs?
Commercial parking lot paving projects require a special set of skills, equipment and materials, not to mention the expertise involved in meeting local building codes for parking lots. Your parking lot paving and striping contractor should ask you a lot of questions to make sure they fully understand the scope of work you need, and demonstrate that they understand what your project entails, and that they can deliver on it.
Our Parking Lot Paving Service Includes…
All the services you could possibly need for your parking lot, we can handle, any time of the year. Some of these include:
- New parking lot construction—If you need a parking lot added to your business, apartment complex, airport, hospital, restaurant, house of worship, etc., will excavate the area to a uniform depth, smoothly compact the sub base, and then prepare the layers of asphalt that go on top, allowing for curing and painting time.
- Parking Lot Sealcoating—Every two to three years, parking lots should have a fresh seal coat applied. This will protect your parking lots from water and UV damage and prevent small cracks from becoming large, expensive ones. This is one of the most crucial parking lot maintenance tasks that can protect your parking lot for years.
- Parking Lot Striping—If your parking lot stripes and directional arrows are worn down and hard for drivers to read at night, we can help. If you stay current with your sealcoating parking lot maintenance, as mentioned previously, your parking lot striping can be updated at the same time, ensuring that your patrons can easily see parking spaces and directional signage.
- Parking Lot Repair—If your parking lot has suffered some kind of damage, whether from untreated cracking that turned into potholes, or from some sort of heavy equipment damage or spill, Espina Paving, Inc. will carefully assess the damage and create a parking lot and pothole repair plan that may include asphalt patching, full-depth repairs, infrared asphalt repair, or asphalt overlay (with or without fabric). We will help you get exactly the parking lot repair job that you need to help you save money and enjoy a long-lasting, sturdy, smooth parking lot.
What is the Ideal Thickness for a Commercial Asphalt Parking Lot?
The thickness of a commercial asphalt parking lot depends on a number of factors, including:
- Type of traffic: Parking lots that experience heavy traffic from trucks and other large vehicles will need to be thicker than those that only see light traffic from passenger cars.
- Subgrade condition: The condition of the soil beneath the parking lot also plays a role in determining the required thickness. Parking lots with poor subgrade conditions will need to be thicker to provide adequate support.
- Climate: Parking lots in colder climates will need to be thicker to withstand the effects of frost and freeze-thaw cycles.
In general, commercial asphalt parking lots should be at least 4 inches thick for light-duty traffic and 6 to 7.5 inches thick for heavy-duty traffic. However, the specific thickness requirements will vary depending on the factors listed above.
Here are some specific recommendations for commercial asphalt parking lot thickness:
- Light-duty parking lots: 4 inches of asphalt on a solid subgrade.
- Heavy-duty parking lots: 6 to 7.5 inches of asphalt on a solid subgrade.
- Light-duty parking lots with an aggregate base: 3 inches of asphalt on 6 inches of aggregate base.
- Heavy-duty parking lots with an aggregate base: 6 inches of asphalt on 3 inches of aggregate base.
It is important to note that these are just general recommendations. The best way to determine the appropriate thickness for your commercial asphalt parking lot is to consult with a qualified paving contractor.
Here are some additional tips for determining the appropriate thickness for your commercial asphalt parking lot:
- Consider the expected traffic volume and type of vehicles that will be using the parking lot.
- Have the subgrade tested to determine its bearing capacity.
- Consider the climate in your area.
- Consult with a qualified paving contractor to get a professional opinion.
When Is the Best Time to Install an Asphalt Parking Lot?
Asphalt parking lots can be installed year-round, but the ideal time is during the summer months when the weather is warm and dry. Asphalt needs to be installed at a temperature of at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit, and it is important to avoid installing it during the winter months when temperatures can drop below freezing.
Other factors to consider when choosing the best time to install an asphalt parking lot include:
- Schedule: Asphalt paving can take several days to complete, so it is important to factor this into your schedule when choosing a time to install your parking lot.
- Business hours: If you are installing a parking lot for a commercial business, you will need to choose a time that will minimize disruption to your business operations.
Moisture and ground freezing can impact paving activities, so any inclement weather like rain or snow will necessitate rescheduling to a more suitable day.
In general, it is best to consult with a qualified paving contractor to determine the best time to install your asphalt parking lot. They will be able to assess your specific needs and recommend the best time for installation.
When Is It Time to Refresh the Striping on My Parking Lot?
Consider re-striping your parking lot once the lines start to become less visible. Fading lines can confuse visitors, making it challenging to locate parking spots. Furthermore, the absence of clear line striping often leads to people parking with wider gaps, potentially decreasing the available parking spaces in your lot.
How Long Do Asphalt Parking Lots Last?
Asphalt parking lots can last anywhere from 15 to 30 years, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Quality of materials and installation: A well-constructed asphalt parking lot using high-quality materials will last longer than a poorly constructed parking lot using inferior materials.
- Traffic volume and type: Parking lots that experience heavy traffic from trucks and other large vehicles will wear out faster than those that only see light traffic from passenger cars.
- Climate: Parking lots in colder climates will experience more wear and tear from frost and freeze-thaw cycles than those in warmer climates.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance, such as crack sealing and re-coating, can help to extend the lifespan of an asphalt parking lot.
Here are some tips for extending the lifespan of your asphalt parking lot:
- Seal cracks and potholes as soon as they appear.
- Recoat the parking lot every 3-5 years, depending on the climate and traffic volume.
- Keep the parking lot clean and free of debris.
- Avoid overloading the parking lot with heavy vehicles.
- Have the parking lot inspected regularly by a qualified paving contractor.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your asphalt parking lot lasts for many years to come.
The Parking Lot Paving Contractor Northern Virginia Has Trusted for 40+ Years
We invite property managers and builders to contact Espina Paving, Inc. for all of your parking lot maintenance, paving, sealcoating and striping needs today. Please feel free to look at the following resources to learn more about our processes, and let us know if you would like to contact references to learn more!