Paving for Big Box Retailers
Paving Services for Big Box Retailers: 5 Best Practices
Northern Virginia has a convenient abundance of excellent big box retailers that help our communities get what they need, when they need it, every day of the week. They’re a major part of the economy and a major part of day-to-day life. Because customers have so many choices when it comes to shopping here in Northern Virginia, it’s important for big box retailers and property managers to make sure their customers have the best experience possible on every visit, from the moment they drive onto the property. And driving onto the property means having excellent, smooth, well-marked, well-maintained parking lots and roadways that ensure safe, clear passage to and from the shops customers want to visit.
And that’s not all: concrete sidewalks, wheelchair ramps, planter features, storm drains and every aspect of paving matters for your customers’ experience at your stores. To keep your customers happy and safe, from the parking lot, to the store, and back, make sure to follow these 5 best practices for big box retailer parking lots, and contact Espina Paving at (703) 491-9100 anytime you have concerns like these:
1. Make Small Repairs Immediately
It’s very important to make regular parking lot inspection a priority in your schedule, at least quarterly. The busier your parking lots are, the more chances there are of damage, spills and cracks developing. It’s important to take note of any warped or frequently-puddled areas too, as these can turn into drainage, pothole and safety hazards later. Watch for debris, cracks, spills, scrapes from snow-removal teams and any other damage. The sooner you contact Espina Paving for small, proactive repairs, the less expensive those repairs will be.
2. Don’t Forget Your Regular Pavement Maintenance ScheduleTypically, big box retail parking lots need a sealcoating application every 2 to 3 years. If your business receives particularly high traffic or has endured a lot of hard weathering in those 2 years, it may be better to schedule it sooner rather than later in order to prevent small cracks from becoming big pot hole headaches for you and your customers. If you’re not sure, just contact us for a parking lot survey and we can determine the amount of wear and tear your parking lots are under, and when the best schedule would be. The main thing to remember is that quickly making small repairs and sticking to your regular parking lot maintenance schedule turns out to be far less expensive than having to do major crack and pothole repairs if maintenance schedule wasn’t followed properly. By saving money on these critical property management maintenance details, you can pass those savings on to your customers—and they will love you for it!
Shopping Center Concrete Paving Work Sample
Concrete paving work at Nieman Marcus at Tyson's II Shopping Center
3. Schedule Repairs and Maintenance Overnight or During Off Hours
We understand how busy big box retailers can be, day and night. Any interruption of traffic flow is undesirable, so when can you get these important pavement maintenance and repair jobs done, and who will do it at these odd hours? Espina Paving understands what it means for businesses, so we are happy to help you schedule parking lot maintenance and repairs in phases, during off-hours and even overnight. We will work within your schedule to create as little interruption for you, your customers and your deliveries as possible!
4. Smart Parking Space and Directional Stripes Improve Safety and Efficiency
Keeping traffic flow safe and efficient is another must for big box retail property managers. With customers going in and out, dodging traffic and carrying bags and boxes, it’s critical to make sure everything is clearly marked and safe for both pedestrians carrying bags of wares and shoppers looking for a parking space. A great time to re-think and improve parking stripes, crosswalks, and traffic markings is right after a regular sealcoating application when things must be repainted anyway. So, talk with us about any improvements you want to make, and we can make suggestions that will improve the safety and efficiency of your parking lots.
5. Don’t Forget ADA Compliance
Making your big box retail parking lot a safe and navigable place for everyone is so important, and it’s also a legal requirement to comply with ADA accessibility standards. Make sure your wheelchair ramps and handicapped parking spaces are ample, convenient, safe and in good repair at all times so that all of your customers and their family and friends can enjoy their time shopping without hindrance.For the best paving services for big box retailers across Northern Virginia, be sure to contact Espina Paving. We have been working with big box retail properties for three decades and are known for excellent service and high-quality paving work that stands up to high traffic volumes and the elements. Call us at (703) 491-9100 today.
Commercial and Municipal Paving Contractor Serving VA, MD, DC Since 1976